Maps lets you to easily direct your visitors to the location and the modern Google Maps make it just a fun. There, are many Maps plugins available to download for free and commercial purpose for WordPress website. While browsing the web, you probably noticed that all the business websites have the maps along with the contact information. You can easily find the location with embedded maps in contact information. If you are using WordPress then you just need to download and install the Google maps plugin. There are multiple ways to use the maps in your website such as you can link specific words and when the user hover on it the map will visible and user can easily find that place. You can also use the Map in your contact us page. Also Map can be used in footer section and other places where you think best.
Below plugins are totally free that you can download from wordpress plugins directory. However, in the last section of this post we will also list some premium Maps plugins that offers great quality of features and best for business websites. Free version also gives you the full support and most of the people like to use the free. So, we get started with Free Google map plugins.
Free WordPress Plugins (Google Maps):
Works with any Responsive themes
Add location by searching or coordinates
Fully customizable. All features of the map or marker can be switched off/on
Support for localization
Works in sidebars, posts, pages, custom post types or as widget
Use integrated address search (Google Places API) for quickly finding your places and locations
Compatible with jQuery tabs!
Compatible with W3 Total Cache, read the solution
Intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it very easy to configure Google map.
With over 250 amazing custom marker icons to choose from!
The Google Maps inserted in a single post displays a marker at the position indicated by the geolocation information pertaining to the post, but also shows markers of the last posts published in related categories. The number of markers to display on the Google Maps can be set in the plugin's settings.
Leaflet Maps Marker (Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps)Pin, organize & show your favorite places & tracks through OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, KML, Bing Maps, APIs or Augmented-Reality browsers
MapPress is based on the latest Google maps API v3
WordPress MultiSite compatible
Custom post types are supported
Easily create maps right in the standard post edit and page edit screens
Add markers for any address, place or latitude/longitude location, or drag markers where you want them
Create custom text and HTML for the markers, including photos, links, etc.
Street view supported
With this plugin a user can easily add location (latitude, longitude) meta data to a page, post or a custom post type. This plugin adds a meta box with an Google Map to the post editor. You can easily drag and drop a marker on the map to save location meta data for a post.
Extensive, backend options to configure the map display you can make configuration of the options of name, website, email, phone, mobile, city, state, and country. There is also the options to add your avatar, photo and pictures in your map.
Google Map Master is the best solution to let your customers and visitors to know your physical location wit usual Techgap style with glossy icons and 12 different markers per map. One thing is more that it is fully responsive in mobile and tablet media. Full support of all media resolutions.
- Setup initial position and zooming level of a map;
- Adjust controls settings and positioning;
- Setup map color styles by using predefined color schemes or by using custom color settings;
- Add overlays like markers, rectangles, circles, polylines and polygons;
- Create directions routes from A address to B address;
- Integrate AdSense service into your maps and earn money by displaying ads on maps.
- Create multiple independent maps
- Add multiple maps to the same page
- A sidebar widget that can show your last location
- Show a list of visited locations with optional arrival and departure dates
- Set custom thumbnails for each location
- Set custom line colors for the past and future travel routes
- Rearrange the order of the travel route by dragging the items up or down in the route list.
- Specify if you want the map to zoom to the first or last location of your travel route.
- Choose from three different content types for each location. Either link to a blog post, write a custom description or show the travel dates.
- It creates a custom post type to handle every location, with an easy metabox to enter every information about them.
- It creates a nice map with custom markers and informations.
- It adds a full interactive list of each place with more information for users.
- Users have access to a navigation system betwen every location on the map.
- for each place, Nearby Map creates a new page with more detail and geographical information
Automatically display Google Maps with multiple location markers in your category/archive or single marker maps on single pages via addresses from posts or custom post types.
- Create Single Maps with simple address entry
- OR make automatic map address markers from post type content
- Display using super simple Widgets and Shortcodes
- Simply add Map to sidebar, any post types and custom taxonomy archives
- Auto shifts from multi-address or single-address display based placement
- Change any default settings and behaviour simply in admin options
- Easily change width, height and designs of any maps
- Customize Zoom, User Interface and more without any coding
- Custom Post Type & Taxonomy Compatible
- Choose what content a Map should take an address from with a click
Premium WordPress Plugins(Google Maps):
Responsive Styled Google Maps - WordPress Plugin
- This is premium plugin that you can buy from codecanyon. Just awesome features and responsive design in all media sizes. This plugin lets you add custom maps in your pages, posts, sidebar and other speces in your wordpress theme.
- WordPress plugin to generate Google maps maps based on address or latitude/longitude
- Works in sidebars, posts, pages and custom post types
- Works in tabs
- Default translation file included
- Based on a shortcode, IT CAN BE INTEGRATED EASILY IN A THEME with “php echo do_shortcode”
- Multiple markers per map
- No API key required
- The plugin’s settings panel has map preview and shortcode preview, both in real-time
- Maps are responsive and styled
- You can create more maps on a single page or post
- Markers descriptions accepts both text and html code
- Put any custom link in markers popup
- 40 pre-defined colorful map styles
- 10 colored marker icons or your custom marker icon
- Every control on the map can be turned on/off
- Directions link to display directions to the address
Mapify.it: Customized Google Maps for WordpressMapify.it allows 100% control over a map anywhere within your Wordpress site, whether you choose to stick with Google Maps, or to use your very own images. It enhances Google Maps with custom pin-point graphics, limitless locations, and pop-up galleries, but also allows the use of ANY custom map image of your choosing, all while keeping the great zoom (2 levels of zoom with custom images, unlimited in Google Maps mode) and pan effect of Google maps!
Advanced Google Maps Plugin for WordpressThis Google Maps Plugin for wordpress is most advanced google maps ever exists. We developed this by getting valuable feedback from hundred of customers.
Google Maps Generator for WordPressHow it works? The generator allows you to create google maps without the needing of any code. All visual! This plugin includes seven different skins, to give your maps an unique view, also you can tint your map with the one color option.
Progress Map Wordpress PluginProgress Map is a wordpress plugin for location based listings. The goal is to help users having websites like hotel listings, real estate listings, restaurant listings, job listings, store listings & more… to list their locations on Google map and easily move through it using a carousel.
To add your locations, Progress Map has provided a form area in the add content post page allowing you to quickly add your locations.
Map List Pro is perfect for creating Store locators, Office address and Contact lists.
- Creates searchable, sortable, filterable lists in seconds.
- Flexible width design – works well in Responsive themes.
- Create categorised locations easily with the simple Location editor.
- Per category markers – set a different coloured marker for each location category.
- Custom markers – Add your own markers, or choose one of the hundreds already included.
- Automatically find locations by searching.
- Auto-zooms to show all locations or manually set a starting view.
- Optional in page directions (with print option).
- Clustered markers for maps with a large numbers of locations
- Sort by distance with Geo Location and location search.
- Search for all locations in range with the advanced search function.
- Lots of styles – 25 different looks ready to use.
5sec Google Maps
5sec is the top selling Google Maps plugin that offers the great virety of features. This is simple and functional plugin that doesn't require any knowdleg of programming languages skills. Just cool and user-friendly interface that you love to have in your maps creation.
- No API keys, no setup, no complex code editing
- works in sidebars, posts, pages and custom post types out of the box
- full screen support
- directions to address support
- default shortcode, [gmap], can be changed
- multiple maps per post/page are supported
- 12 predefined markers/icons
- fully customizable HTML bubble/description
- uses local cache for Geocoding (address to lat/lng mapping) for max speed
- extensive documentation and examples
- works on WordPress versions 2.8 and newer (requires cURL PHP extension)
Thanks for here, you have seen the full post and may enjoy! We just need your support to keep commenting, sharing and like our Google Maps collection.